(Specialisation: Nursing Leadership)
Unit code: HNO7901
Credit points: 12
In this unit students will investigate a significant practice issue in their specialisation through undertaking a research project. Students will strengthen their evidence-based research capabilities drawing on the research project proposal from HNO6004 - Evidence and Research for Practice, Students will then engage in further evidence-based research to apply it to their specialisation healthcare setting through engaging in primary research or conducting a systematic review. Students will critically build on their review of the literature and employ either a qualitative, quantitative or mixed methods approach. Students will then demonstrate skills in data collection, data analysis, interpretation and dissemination of findings in the form of a report or journal article for publication.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Critically formulate, evaluate and rationalise your choice to investigate a significant issue in chronic disease and ageing;
- Conduct a critical review of the literature;
- Undertake independent evidence-based research;
- Demonstrate skills in analysing, interpreting and disseminating research results;
- Deliberate the implications of potential research findings for nursing practice, professional development or future research; and
- Report findings in journal article format.
Assignment: Argument - Significance of proposed research project (500 words) - 10%
Presentation: Research proposal (1000 words) - 20%
Report: Evidence based research project (3000 words) - 70%
This unit is studied as part of the online Master of Nursing, specialisation in Nursing Leadership