Unit code: HNO7901
Credit points: 12
Study level: Postgraduate
Location: Victoria University Online
Prerequisites: HNO6004 - Evidence and Research for Practice
In this unit students will investigate a significant practice issue in their specialisation through undertaking a research project. Students will strengthen their evidence-based research capabilities drawing on the research project proposal from HNO6004 - Evidence and Research for Practice. Students will critically build on their review of the literature and employ either a qualitative, quantitative or mixed methods approach when undertaking their research project. Students will demonstrate skills in data collection, data analysis, interpretation and dissemination of findings in the form of a report or journal article for publication.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Critically formulate, evaluate and rationalise your choice to investigate a significant issue.
- Conduct a critical review of the literature.
- Undertake independent evidence-based research.
- Demonstrate skills in analysing, interpreting and disseminating research results.
- Deliberate on the implications of potential research findings for practice, professional development or future research.
- Report findings and recommendations in a journal article or report format.
Assignment: Argument - Argument - Significance of proposed research project (500 words) - 10%
Presentation: Revised Research proposal (10mins/2500 word equiv) - 40%
Report: Evidence based research project (2000 words) - 70%
This unit is studied as part of the following courses. Refer to the course page for information on how to apply for the course.
VU takes care to ensure the accuracy of this unit information, but reserves the right to change or withdraw courses offered at any time. Please check that unit information is current with the Student Contact Centre.