Business Research Project
Unit code: BGP7730
Credit points: 12
The project provides students with the opportunity, either individually or in teams to apply an advanced body of knowledge and skills to an approved, consultancy-based task. Proposals for projects will normally be developed in conjunction with the unit of study Business Research Methods (BMO6630). Each project should lead to business innovations or potential entrepreneurship development. Research may include analysis and anticipation of user or business needs; business scenario development and business case studies; the study of existing business practices and solutions, and innovative business models development.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Systematically identify the user or business needs and contextualise them within the current literature
- Generate, critically evaluate and defend both existing and new solutions to client needs such as technology, process and tools in the study field of choice
- Articulate and critique the link between theory and practice
- Apply theoretical frameworks and disciplinary knowledge and skills to complex problem-solving in their chosen area of study in business solutions or entrepreneurship
- Persuasively argue propositions, findings, conclusions or recommendations to professional peers
- In collaboration with others, demonstrate responsibility and accountability for own learning and all aspects of the work or functions required by a team.
The assessment for this unit has been designed specifically for our online students and will occur at various times across the seven-week study period.
Assessment activities may include essays, reports, case study analysis, tests and quizzes, reflective writing and/or business plans.
This unit is studied as part of the online Master of Business Administration.