- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a similar discipline; OR
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Certificate (or equivalent) in a similar discipline; OR
- Applicants without an undergraduate qualification may be admitted to the Graduate Certificate (in the same discipline) based on approved work experience. Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate, graduates will be eligible for admission to this course with credit granted for completed units.
Units of study
VU Online’s MBA covers a broad range of business and management disciplines, effectively equipping you for current and future workplace leadership.
As well as innovative core units, you will also complete a practical, multi-faceted capstone project. Each unit of study lasts for seven weeks.
- Strategic Management and Business Policy
- Business Ethics and Sustainability
- Marketing Management
- Financial Analysis
- Business Research Methods
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Managing Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Organisation Change Management
- Advanced Organisational Behaviour
- Performance Management and Rewards
- Art and Practice of Leadership
- Business Research Project
For more information about the units of study, download a brochure.
How much does it cost to study VU’s MBA?
The Victoria University Master of Business Administration (MBA) has 12 units. Each unit costs $3,350. To study all 12 units, the total cost of the MBA is $40,200.
FEE-HELP is available for VU’s online postgraduate courses.
What is FEE-HELP?
FEE-HELP is an Australian Government loan for available for postgraduate qualifications. A FEE-HELP loan can pay all or part of tuition fees, however, is not available for additional study costs such as laptops.
A FEE-HELP loan is repaid through the tax system when income reaches a certain amount. Even if the course is not completed, the FEE-HELP debt needs to be repaid. There are some exceptional circumstances in which the debt can be removed.
How much can I borrow?
There is a lifetime FEE-HELP limit of $104,440, and $150,000 for medicine, dentistry and veterinary science. This is the maximum amount that can be borrowed to pay tuition fees over a lifetime.
No loan fee applies for postgraduate study loans.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for a FEE-HELP loan, students must meet the criteria as required by the Australian Government. Details can be found here.
How do I apply?
To apply for a FEE-HELP loan, students will need a tax file number (TFN). Victoria University will also provide a Request for FEE-HELP assistance form to complete. The form must be submitted to the university before the set census date.
For general advice on FEE-HELP speak to an Enrolment Advisor.
Step up to a middle or senior management role with an online MBA. From running successful small businesses to leading multi-national corporations as a CEO, an MBA from VU Online will enable you to achieve individual success and see your business career flourish.
Our graduates have undertaken diverse and rewarding career paths both locally and overseas.
Typical job titles
- Chief Executive Officer
- Director of Business Development
- Senior Managing Consultant
- Marketing/Communications Director
- Human Resources Director
- Strategic Planning Manager
- Financial Manager
Salaries and employment outlook
According to the QS TopMBA.com Jobs and Salary 2018 Trends Report, Australian Master of Business Administration graduates lead the Asia-Pacific region in terms of compensation (salary plus bonus), while the latest MBA hiring forecasts for the region remain above the global average.
VU Online provides you with the support you need, when you need it, during your course. Our support network has a single focus on ensuring you are entirely supported to succeed in your studies.
Our highly experienced academics are responsive and accessible and understand how to deliver a quality online learning experience. You will also be introduced to your very own Student Success Advisor, who provides motivation and one-on-one personalised assistance with non-academic matters throughout your course.
You’ll experience the support of your community through chat, virtual seminars and discussion board activity. Remember, your support network is only a phone call and email away.